Basic Electricity is an introductory level course for individuals working in industrial skilled trades and maintenance technician jobs. The course covers the basic nature and functionality of electricity. Students will explore the basic properties of electrical circuit, voltage, current, resistance and power. In addition, students will learn to utilize Ohm?s Law to determine electrical properties in series and parallel circuits and apply Watt?s Law to simple circuits.
41 hours|Entry Level|Included eBook
Individuals in the skilled trades or manufacturing who need a base knowledge of electricity and electrical currents and circuits.
- Identity basic electricity components and their schematic symbols
- Know basic DC circuit properties?voltage, current, resistance and power
- Analyze voltage sources
- Determine resistor values using the resistor color code
- Apply Ohm?s Law to simple series and parallel circuits
- Apply Watt?s Law to simple circuits
- Calculate parallel resistors
- Learn basics to using a digital multimeter
- Describe the basic characteristics, use, benefits, and drawbacks of Java's server-side technologies and application tiers