The Blueprint Reading for Construction Trades course provides students with a basic overview of blueprint reading concepts. This introductory-level course reviews the key concepts applicable to reading blueprints generated for a variety of skilled trade and technical applications, including carpentry, electrical systems, plumbing systems, and sprinkler fitting systems in light commercial and residential construction.
41 hours|Entry Level|Included eBook
Individuals with limited computer literacy who are interested in learning basic computer skills in order to improve their chances of finding a job and building a career.
- Describe the basics of construction trade blueprints
- Explain the elements of the blueprint design process
- Define common symbols and terminology related to construction trade blueprints
- Use construction trade blueprints for a variety of applications
- Describe and compare the elements of light commercial and residential construction blueprints
- Explain the purpose of different working drawings
- Describe the basic characteristics, use, benefits, and drawbacks of Java's server-side technologies and application tiers