This course provides an opportunity to learn and demonstrate Internet literacy. Students will learn how the Internet, search engines, and web browsers function, and how to search the Internet, select keywords that will narrow the scope of a search, evaluate the reliability of websites and their content, and identify secure websites when buying, selling, or banking online.
14 hours|Entry Level|Included eBook
Individuals who want to master beginner and intermediate Internet skills valued in today's business and personal computer environments.
- Explain how the Internet functions
- Explain how search engines function
- Summarize how to successfully search the Internet
- Assess websites for security
- Evaluate the reliability of information found on the web
- Distinguish between the Java platforms and describe the basic characteristics of Java integration technologies
- Describe the basic characteristics, use, benefits, and drawbacks of Java's server-side technologies and application tiers